Nutty Monkey Banana Bread
Try this favorite from the Holistic Health Coaches of Monkey Business Retreats!
What's a Monkey Business Retreat? It's a fantastic Costa Rican vacation for coaches and counselors who want to create a wildly fulfilling and successful wellness practice, all while causing the preservation of the monkeys of Pacific Costa Rica.
1/2 cups of ripe mashed bananas (3 bananas)
2 cups of Pamela's Gluten-Free Baking Mix
1/3 cup ground flax seeds
1/2 cup raw honey
1/3 cup organic butter or coconut oil plus 1 tsp extra to grease the pan
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs (free-range organic)
1/2 cup chopped walnut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pan with butter or oil
2. Warm butter or oil and raw honey in a double boiler to a liquid consistency
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients (honey, egg, vanilla, butter/coconut oil)
4. Add in flour, ground flax and walnuts
5. Beat all ingredients vigorously until blended together
6. Pour contents into greased loaf pan
7. Bake 55-60 minutes
8. Insert toothpick into center of bread. When it comes out clean you are done!