Monday, May 4, 2009

Liver Flush

I had fellow holistic health counselor Morella DeVost of Transformation One over for a pot luck dinner and she brought her own food that had no fat in it. I started asking her questions and she told me that she was doing a liver flush and I was intrigued and wanted to do one too!

So she led me and my friend Mary on a phone call which laid out all the rules of the flush. To be brief...we can't have any fats (oils, coconut milk, avocado, etc), no refined sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol, and no breads for 5 days. Each day you drink a lot of apple juice. Then on the sixth day you start a fast in the afternoon and drink epsom salts and grapefruit juice with olive oil at specific hours of the day.

My challenges

The fat free diet wasn't too hard for me which I was surprised about because I really love hamburgers, avocados, olive oil, and coconut milk. I had to be creative in the kitchen to make foods that tasted good. I steamed a lot of broccoli, spinach, and tofu with wheat free soy sauce, ginger, and curry. I also drank a lot of smoothies and ate tons of raw fruits and veggies. We had a pot luck dinner on Thursday and there were delicious foods that had fats in them and I wanted to eat them really bad. I also really wanted a beer which is funny because normally I don't even drink that much beer. Mary and I practiced "hugs not beer" to satisfy our beer cravings.

The epsom salt drink was really hard to get down. It was so bitter! I put some lemon in it which made it better, but far from good. I would sip water in between and the water actually tasted sweet in comparison!

In the morning after the actual flush I felt like I was going to throw up, but after I released a lot of gallstones, I immediatly felt better.

The Result

I released a ton of bright green gallstones! It is so cool that you can clean your body naturally. I am also so proud of myself that I did it. I did this to myself and took charge of my health and it wasn't that hard. Today I feel amazing! I recommend that everyone do this. I have heard that doing this flush has helped many people avoid surgery. How cool is that?

If you are interested in doing this flush please contact Morella at www.transformationone.com

By: Taraleigh

No comments: