Friday, May 15, 2009

Easy Star All Stars at Higher Ground




I have never seen the Easy Stars All Stars live before May 14, 2009. The band took the stage around 10:00 adorned with three of my favorite colors. Red, yellow, and green. They immediatly brought the energy of the room to an extremely high level. Everyone started dancing and jumping up and down. You couldn't help it. The music made you do it and the band continued to give it to you good the entire night.

Not only are their original songs amazing and uplifting, but they cover some of the best bands in the industry dub syle! They played a lot of songs from their new album, "Easy Star’s Lonely Hearts Dub Band”." Hearing Beatles songs dub style is so unique and awesome. Whoever had that idea was a genius and I love them. They also cover Pink Floyd on their album, "Dub Side of the Moon" and we were so lucky to hear some of those songs as well.

Everyone who was in attendance that night left with happy ears, hearts, and souls and chances are they were exhausted. I know I was because I was jumpin, movin, and groovin for a full two hours. I can't wait for the Easy Stay All Stars to come to town again or even a town kind of near Burlington because I would travel to see them.

http://www.easystar.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've never seen these guys live, but I own 'Dub Side of the Moon' which is a FANTASTIC album! Some guy was playing it on lot post-show at Alpine '04 and I was sold! Glad to hear that they deliver a good live show. I'll have to check 'em out now! :)